TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Read this entire agreement carefully
British trauma Society (BTS) (a charity registered in England and Wales under Charity number: 328436 whose registered office address is at Room 21H, 6th Floor Nuffield House, Trauma Department – University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2GW) appreciates your interest in this website (the “Site”).
Changes and Special Additional Terms and Conditions
British Trauma Society may revise the General Terms at any time without notice. You should revisit this Site periodically to make sure you are aware of the most recent General Terms because they will be binding on you. Your use of the Site or Services after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes. You are advised to check each page you visit on the Site. Some locations may have special additional terms and conditions that apply to use of or interaction with that location. These terms and conditions may also be changed at any time without notice. Your use of that location constitutes your acceptance of those special additional terms and conditions.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, to users who have registered with us. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our Sign Up procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these General Terms. We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content or services we provide at any time without notice. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Use of the Site
Site Security. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the Site or Services. Any such violations may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. We will investigate any alleged violations, and, if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of the Site and Services include, without limitation, the following:
- Logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network;
- Tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the Site or Services;
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information; or
- Interfering with service to any user, host, or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” any computer system.
“Spam” and Similar Actions. You are prohibited from transmitting the same or similar unsolicited e-mail messages, bulk commercial advertising, or chain letters to one or more e-mail groups (which are two or more e-mail addresses aggregated as a single e-mail addressee).
Infringement. You are prohibited from using the Site or Services to infringe on any person’s copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights. We may terminate your right to access the Site and Services if we believe you are using the Site and Services in a manner that infringes the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights of another. You may be ordered by a court to pay money damages to us and to the rightful owner of any intellectual property rights you violate.
Other Prohibited Actions. In using the Site or Services, you must not:
- Post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit or use the Site or Services in furtherance of any unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that exploits children or is invasive of another person’s privacy or other rights, or any material British Trauma Society in its sole discretion does not wish posted or transmitted on the Site and Services;
- Continue to send e-mail to a recipient who has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive a communication from you;
- Engage in and/or encourage conduct that would:
- violate any applicable law or regulation or
- give rise to civil liability;
- Engage in conduct that could damage or impair the intended operability of the Site or the Services.
- Impersonate any individual or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way, or forge, delete or alter any part of TCP/IP packet header information in any e-mail or other posting;
- Engage in deceptive online marketing; or
- Assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
Your Content. You must exercise caution, good sense and proper judgment in using the Site and Services. You are responsible for any material you place on or transmit to or through the Site or Services. You agree, represent and warrant that any information you post to or transmit through the Site or Services is truthful, accurate, not misleading and offered in good faith, and that you have the right to post or transmit such information. Such information (including without limitation, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or any other materials whatsoever), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is your sole responsibility. You agree that use of any information obtained via the Site or Services is at your own risk.
Consequences of Unacceptable Use. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or delete any of your content as well as suspend or terminate without notice your access to the Site and Services upon a violation or attempted violation of this Agreement and, should we reasonably feel it is necessary, to bring legal proceedings against you and/or to disclose details of the violation or attempted violation of this Agreement to law enforcement authorities. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Use policy. The responses described herein are not limited. We may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate. Indirect or attempted violations of this Agreement, and actual or attempted violations by a third party acting on your behalf, shall be deemed violations by you of this Agreement. Furthermore, it is a violation of this Agreement to use the services of another company for the purpose of facilitating any of the activities that violate this Agreement if such use of another company’s service could reasonably be expected to adversely affect the Site and Services any manner.
No Licensing. By your use of the Site or the Services you receive no license, express or implied, under any patent rights or trade secret rights now or hereafter, owned, controlled or possessed by British Trauma Society.
Linking. You may not link to this Site without prior written permission from British Trauma Society. You may download and print one copy of the content on this Site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you leave any copyright or trademark information intact and unchanged. Other than as specifically set out in this paragraph you may not copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk, placing on another site, downloading in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), broadcast, alter or tamper with in any way any portion of this Site.
Copyright and Trade Marks
This website and its design, text, graphics, illustrations, images and video and the selection and arrangement thereof and software are copyright of British Trauma Society, or their licensors. The trademarks depicted on this website are the property of British Trauma Society, or their licensors and they retain all rights in such trademarks. You are hereby granted a revocable licence to use the aforementioned intellectual property rights for your personal use of the website and of the ‘Services’ only, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
All rights are reserved and reproduction of part or all of the contents of this site is prohibited other than in accordance with the permissions below:
- It is expressly forbidden to download, copy, reproduce, transmit, retransmit, frame, reverse engineer, decrypt, alter or commercially exploit or in any way use the video and audio elements of www.britishtrauma.com or any other material or content you download from the service except where permitted or specifically authorised such as via www.britishtrauma.com download player within the www.britishtrauma.com service or website or any other version of www.britishtrauma.com.
- It is expressly forbidden to copy, duplicate, download all or any video content on www.britishtrauma.com for upload and distribution to any video sharing website such as YouTube, MySpace, Google Video and any other known of or yet to be created video sharing site without the full written prior permission of British Trauma Society
- It is expressly forbidden to insert or present www.britishtrauma.com or to pretend to represent www.britishtrauma.com or any of its content as part of any third party video site or any aggregated internet TV or IPTV service without the full written prior permission and / or prior legal contract entered into with British Trauma Society
- Your rights to view the content downloaded from the Service are for personal, non-commercial purposes only. You are not permitted to send any content from the Service to other people.
- Permission is granted to you to download only the text based content contained on this website to a single personal computer and to print a hard copy of such materials solely for personal, non-commercial use.
- Permission is granted for you to copy extracts of texts from news articles that appear on this website for non-commercial supply, in text format only, to individual third parties for their personal, non-commercial use, but only if:
- you acknowledge our website as the source of the extract and
- include a prominent reference to this website’s URL.
- If the supply by you of the extract is via the internet, such acknowledgment must include a hypertext link to this website with the copy of the extracted material; and you inform the third party that the conditions set out in this Section 4 apply to him/her and that he/she must comply with them; and you re-produce the extracted material in complete and unmodified form and, if the supply by you of the extract is via the internet, that you do not frame the extract within your own website or copy onto any other website.
- For the purpose of these terms, non-commercial supply or use shall mean that neither you nor any third party may charge for viewing any content or materials that have been downloaded or copied from this Site nor show any part of the Site or Services in public to an audience (whether for a charge or not), and that neither you nor any third party can use any content or materials from this Site to attract others to buy goods or services. Any other use of materials on this Site, including storage and recording (other than on a purely transitory basis to permit you to view them), reproduction, modification, distribution, re-transmission, diversion or republication, without the prior written permission of British Trauma Society, is strictly prohibited. This means, for example, that you must not use on any other website any materials displayed on this website from time to time.
This Site and Services are provided “As Is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, British Trauma Society disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. British Trauma Society does not represent or warrant that the functions or Services contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. British Trauma Society does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of contents of this Site or Services in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
Non-Confidentiality of User Materials
You are not to transmit any material to or through this Site that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. Any material that you transmit to or through this Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Except as expressly provided in British Trauma Society Privacy Statement, you give British Trauma Society an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, transmit and distribute such information. You further agree that British Trauma Society has the right to use, without any payment or accounting to you or others, any concepts, know-how or ideas that you (and those who act on your behalf) transmit to or through the Site.
Use of Third Party Websites
As a convenience, British Trauma Society may provide links to websites operated by third parties. If you decide to access a third party’s website through a link provided by this Site, you do this at your sole risk. British Trauma Society is not responsible for any viruses or other damaging elements encountered in linking to a third party website. British Trauma Society makes no warranty or representation regarding and is not responsible for the linked websites or the content of such websites.
Indemnity of Clockwork Marketing & Events Ltd
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend British Trauma Society as well British Trauma Society officers, directors and employees, from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, debt, loss or liability, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, to the extent that such action is based upon, arises out of, or relates to your violation, or violation by any other person using your password or account of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
These General Terms and Agreement shall be governed by, and construed exclusively in accordance with, English law. All disputes arising under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about the Site or these General Terms, you may contact us at:
Customer Support, Room 21H,
6th Floor Nuffield House,
Trauma Department – University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham,
Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston,
Birmingham, B15 2GW